Off to a great start with Christ-Centered A-B-C’s!
- AK3 (Older 3's)
- K4 (Young 4's)
When ready for Level B phonics, owners of Complete Phonics Kit A (Part 001) only need to order Complete Phonics Add-On Kit B (Part 002AO). Level A items also used at Level B are not included in that special Kit.
Phonics Level A is great for teaching young 4's (K4) two or three days a week in short sessions. However, older 3's (AK3) who are advanced in their eagerness to learn should also do fine at this Level.
Note: Because older 4's are generally more mature in their readiness to learn, they are considered an Advanced K4 (AK4) and thus normally do better starting with Complete Phonics Kit B (Part 002). Just teach in sequence at a pace that best fits your child's God-given abilities.
Why choose Christ-Centered Phonics?
Christ-Centered Phonics has not simply tacked on some Bible verses to basically secular (the God of Scripture is left out) materials. Rather, we focus on presenting a biblical world view during children’s most formative years---when the foundation of their character,
habits, and intellect is being formed.
Phonics Kit A includes the following:
Note: To see some Level A samples, click on the View Samples link under Phonics Kit A on the Home Page.
Teacher Materials: Click any part number below to link to more information about that product.
- Christ-Centered Phonics Master Guide (3-ring binder--Includes Visual Aids) (Part 200)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Flashcards 1-31: Set 1 (Part 201.1)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Lessons for Aa-Zz: Level A (Part 202 )
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook Instructions/Answer Key: Level A (Part 203AK)
Student Materials: Click any part number below to link to more information about that product.
- Christ-Centered Phonics Flashcards Drill CD (Part 201.5)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook: Level A (Part 203)
- Alphabet & Numbers Tracing Masters (Part 216)
- Reader: Creation: God Made Me (Part 350)
- Readers: Short Vowel Set (5 books – Part 351)
- Christ-Centered Alphabet Wall Cards (Part 215)---Helpful when singing the "Christ-Centered Alphabet Song."
- Magnetic Learning Letters (Part 217)---104 upper/lower case color-coded letters (red vowels/blue consonants).
Skills Covered at Phonics Level A:
- Aa-Zz Letters/Sounds
- Short Vowels
- Blends (single consonant and a vowel blended together to form one speech sound)
- Reading Short Vowel Words
- Spelling Blends and Short Vowel Words
- Brief introduction to Long Vowels
- Manuscript Printing
Note: At Rocky Bayou Christian School, where this program was developed, as measured by the 1970 California Achievement Test (CAT) designed
for first graders, at the end of kindergarten those who had attended both K4 and K5 have traditionally scored a 3.02 median Grade Equivalent (G.E.) and a median Percentile of 98.8.
Teaching Phonics Level A:
The Level A lessons are shorter and not as challenging as Level B:1, but they likewise introduce Phonics Flashcards 1-31 (Aa-Zz letters/sounds). After teaching a lesson, refer to that day's related Phonics Workbook A (Part 203) assignment under "PHONICS SEATWORK." Use the Workbook Instructions/Answer Key A (203AK) to help your child complete assigned pages.
Phonics Kit A (Part 001) contains 31 full lessons, divided into three days each (93 days total). Each lesson could be spread over several weeks, or completed in two or three days per week. A daily lesson plus workbook assignment generally takes about 20 minutes.