Note: This Kit price was increased by adding a Christ-Centered Spelling and Vocabulary Workbook: Level B:2 (Part 208) plus its Answer Key (Part 208AK) as valuable student preparation prior to starting the Advanced Phonics Program---Level C.
- Older 4's (AK4)
- 5-year-olds (K5)
- Beginning 1st graders---first time being schooled (B1st)
Note: K5 and beginning first graders have traditionally excelled in this Beginning-to-Read Program. Because older 4's are generally more mature in their readiness to learn, they are considered an Advanced K4 (AK4) and normally will do better with this Kit B rather than A. Level A is not a prerequisite for starting Level B. Just teach in sequence at a pace that best fits your child's God-given abilities.
Why choose Christ-Centered Phonics?
Christ-Centered Phonics doesn’t simply tack on some Bible verses to basically secular (the God of Scripture is left out) materials. Rather, through teaching this program, you will learn the joy of glorifying Christ during your children’s most formative years---when the foundation of their character,
habits, and intellect is being formed.
Skills Covered at Phonics Level B:
- Aa-Zz Letters/Sounds
- Blends (single consonant and a vowel blended together to form one speech sound)
- Spelling Short-Vowel Words
- Reading One-Syllable Words
- Adding Suffix -s
- Consonant Digraphs (ck, sh, ch, tch, ng, nk, th, wh)
- Giant Blends (two or three consonants blended with a vowel)
- Beginning Grammar (naming words, describing words, and pronouns as a tool of reading comprehension)
- Manuscript Printing
Note: At Rocky Bayou Christian School, where this program was developed, as measured by the 1970 California Achievement Test (CAT) designed for first graders, at the end of kindergarten K5's with one year's education have averaged a median Grade Equivalent (G.E.) of 2.25 with a median Percentile score of 86.4. Kindergartners who attended both K4 and K5 have traditionally scored a 3.02 G.E. and median Percentile of 98.8.
NOTICE: If you already own
PHONICS KIT A (Part 001),
you will only need to order Phonics Add-On Kit B (Part 002AO).
Phonics Kit B includes the following:
Teacher Materials: For a detailed description of each item, click on its Part Number link.
- Christ-Centered Phonics Master Guide 3-ring binder (Part 200)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Flashcards 1-118: Master Set (Part 201)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Flashcards Drill CD (Part 201.5)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Lessons for Flashcards 1-31: Level B:1 (Part 204)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook Instructions & Answer Key: Level B:1 (Part 205AK)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Lessons for Flashcards 32-66: Level B:2 (Part 206)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook Instructions & Answer Key: Level B:2 (Part 207AK)
- Christ-Centered Spelling & Vocabulary Workbook Answer Key: Level B:2 (Part 208AK)
Student Materials: For a detailed description of each item, click on its Part Number link.
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook: Level B:1 (Part 205)
- Alphabet & Numbers Tracing Sheets (Part 216)
- Reader: Creation: God Made Me (Part 350)
- Short Vowel Readers Set (5 books - Part 351)
- Reader: It is Fun to Read (Part 360.1)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook: Level B:2 (Part 207)
- Christ-Centered Spelling & Vocabulary Workbook: Level B:2 (Part 208)
- Reader: The Fall: God Loves Me (Part 352)
- Long Vowel Readers Set (3 books - Part 353)
- Reader: Pals & Pets (Part 360.2)
- Alphabet Wall Cards (Part 215) are helpful when singing the "Christ-Centered Alphabet Song."
- Magnetic Learning Letters (Part 217) are a great hands-on teaching aid. (The vowels and consonants are in separate colors.)
Teaching Phonics Level B:
The Phonics Lessons for Flashcards 1-31 (B:1) and 32-66 (B:2) begin with a "PACING SCHEDULE" which divides every lesson into a suggested number of days to teach, recommended exercises to present each day, plus the related workbook assignment. The Phonics Workbook Instructions/Answer Key: Level B:1 contains the teacher's Christ-centered Introductions to the workbook assignments plus the wording to help your student complete each day's exercises.
Phonics Edition 1's Level B:2 Users: The former B:2 lessons, workbook, and Instructions/Answer Key are not compatible with the Home School version. For information on how to transition economically, call 1-800-778-4318.
Levels B:1 and B:2 can normally be completed within a typical school year. However, if you start an older 4-year-old on Level B, just teach in sequence at whatever pacing best fits your child's needs.